Why Quit India Movement (August Revolution)is most UnGandhian?
It was most militant and UnGandhian because of following reasons.
- Movement was clear rebellion, least controlled and most spontaneous
- Gandhi allowed use of arms in self-defense
- Justified armed resistance against stronger and well-equipped aggressor
- Called for Do or Die
- Asked not to remain alive to see country in state of bondage of slavery
- Held that nation survives when people are ready to die for nation
- Refused to condemn violence by people rather justified as reaction to bigger violence
- Congress asked not to bow heads and receive strokes but pull stick and defend.
- Nehru clarified that there is no restriction on any sorts like previous restrictions.
- Congress clarified that everyone is free to use his or her own weapon
- Gandhi called it as last struggle of his life
- Gandhi held that further delay in freedom in injurious and Humiliating
- He also clarified that there’s no plan to call off movement
- He even permitted people to take control of police-station whenever necessary.