• This motion can be moved only in the Lok Sabha and by the Opposition of the House.
• It can be moved against the Council of Ministers or an individual Minister or a group of Ministers for their failure to act or not to act or for their policy and may express regret, indignation or surprise of the House at the failure of the Minister or Ministers.
• The Motion should be specific and self-explanatory so as to record the reasons for the censure, precisely and briefly.
• No leave of the House is required to move a Censure Motion.
• If the Censure Motion is passed, the Council of Ministers is bound to seek the confidence of the Lok Sabha as early as possible.
• This motion is mentioned under the Rule 184 of the Rules and Procedures of the Lok Sabha.
You must log in to post a comment.