- Critically endangered species
- Smallest of all rhinos and the only Asian variety with two horns
- They are born covered in shaggy, reddish brown fur
- Its nick name is Hairy rhino
- They once roamed the vast, dense forests of Sumatra, Borneo and Malaysia but land-clearing and poaching have devastated their numbers.
- In Sumatra, there are also small clusters in the west and the island’s northern Leuser ecosystem — the last place on Earth where wild rhinos, orangutans, tigers and elephants roam together.