PM National Relief Fund (PMNRF)
- The fund consists entirely of public contributions and does not get any budgetary support.
- The corpus of the fund is invested with banks in fixed deposits.
- Disbursements are made with the approval of the Prime Minister.
- PMNRF has not been constituted by the Parliament.
- The fund is recognized as a Trust under the Income Tax Act and the same is managed by Prime Minister or multiple delegates for national causes.
- PMNRF is exempt under Income Tax Act.
- Prime Minister is the Chairman of PMNRF and is assisted by Officers/ Staff on honorary basis.
- These contributions also qualify as CSR (corporate social responsibility) spend for companies, making it more attractive in terms of tax exemptions.
- PMNRF accepts only voluntary donations by individuals and institutions.
- Contributions flowing out of budgetary sources of Government or from the balance sheets of the public sector undertakings are not accepted.
- At the time of natural calamity of devastating scale, Prime Minister, makes an appeal for donation to the fund.