Navroz festival : Parsi People
- It is a Parsi New Year festival.
- While the Balkans, the Caucasus, the Middle Easterns celebrate the festival on March 21, the first day of the Zoroastrian calendar, in India there is another version of the festival that is followed according to the Shahanshahi calendar and falls during the later months of the year.
- The dates change every year since the calendar doesn’t account for leap years.
- Also known as Pateti, Navroz will be celebrated on August 17th this year in India.
- The festivities on this day symbolize happiness, harmony and amity for the Parsi community.
- The time of the festival is decided in Iran and then it is passed on to the entire Zoroastrian population in the world.