Buxa Tiger Reserve:
- It is located in Alipurduar district of West Bengal.
- It was notified as a tiger reserve in 1983.
- The tiger reserve has an area of about 758 sq km. Out of this, 390 sq km lies in the core area and 367 sq km in the buffer zone.
- Some parts of the reserve share a border with Bhutan.
- Human population- There are about 38 villages in Buxa and 49 villages in the fringe area.
- Types of forests – It consists of moist, deciduous and evergreen forests.
- Species Diversity- It has at least 68 species of mammals, 41 species of reptiles and more than 246 species of birds, four species of amphibians, 73 species of fishes and over a hundred species of butterflies and moths.