- Dhruv has been indigenously designed and developed by the HAL, and is powered by the Shakti engine jointly developed with Turbomeca of France.
- It is a twin engine, multi-role, multi-mission new generation helicopter.
- It is superior to the other helicopters used by the Army such as Cheetah and Chetak, both of which have single engine.
- It has been exported to several countries in the region.
- As a part of military diplomacy, India has offered it to several friendly countries in the neighbourhood and South-East Asia.