National Commission for Women
• The National Commission for Women was set up as statutory body in January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act,1990.
• Review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards for women.
• Recommend remedial legislative measures.
• Facilitate redressal of grievances.
• Advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women.
State Commission for Women
• The State Commissions for Women have been established at the State level along the lines of National Commission for Women at the national level.
• To protect women from violence, atrocities or inhuman or cruel treatment in general.
• It has been endowed with the powers to protect and promote women’s rights throughout the State.