Everything about Umang App (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG)
Umang (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app:
• It is a unified app to serve e-governance through mobile devices.
• It is developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
• It is to offer services of the central, state, local bodies and various government agencies right on Android and iOS based mobile devices.
• It will provide over a hundred citizen-centric services.
• At the back-end, these services will be catered for by many different departments of the Union and State Governments.
• This integrated approach will add an automatic layer of ‘peer performance pressure’, in the working of these departments.
List of services:
• The Umang app bundles a list of Digital India services, including Aadhaar, DigiLocker and PayGov.
• The app provides citizens with all the major government services provided through app, web, SMS and IVR channels.
• The citizens can use the app to access their income tax filing, LPG cylinder bookings and Provident Fund account.
• Parents can use the Umang app to access CBSE results.
• The app has multilingual support with as many as 13 languages and includes a payment-based transaction access.
Social media integration
• The app has social media integration that allows to connect your Facebook, Google, and Twitter accounts and enable one-touch login process.
• The interface of the Umang app appears to be convenient for novices.
• The app comes with features like favourites and push notification alerts.