Indian Council of Medical Research – ICMR
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR):
- It is an apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research and is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.
- Its headquarters are at New Delhi.
- It is funded by the Government of India through the Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The Governing Body of the Council is presided over by the Union Health Minister.
- It seeks to address the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical research on the one hand, and to the need of finding practical solutions to the health problems of the country, on the other.
You must log in to post a comment.