Everything about Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES)
Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES)
• It is the preeminent annual entrepreneurship gathering that convenes emerging entrepreneurs, investors and supporters from around the world.
• It was started by U.S. government in 2010.
• It serves as a vital link between governments and the private sector and convenes global participants to showcase projects, network, exchange ideas and champion new opportunities for investment.
• It aims to highlight entrepreneurship as means to address some of the most intractable global challenges.
• It is the eighth annual GES summit.
• It is the first GES summit being held in South Asia.
• Since 2010, it has been hosted by Kenya, Morocco, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Malaysia and last year it was held in Silicon Valley in the US.
• The Theme of GES-2017 is ‘Women First, Prosperity for All’.
• The main focus will be on supporting women entrepreneurs and fostering economic growth globally.
Areas of focus:
The GES 2017 will focus on four key industry sectors:
1 Energy and Infrastructure
2 Healthcare and Life Sciences
3 Financial Technology and Digital Economy
4 Media and Entertainment