Q22. Which of the following are the features of Parliamentary Form of Government?
1. Presence of nominal and real executives
2. Membership of Ministers in the Legislature 3. Leadership of the Prime Minister or the Chief Minister
4. Fixed tenure of the Legislature
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
A. 1, 2 and 3 only
B. 1, 2 and 4 only
C. 2, 3 and 4 only
D. 1, 2, 3 and 4
The features of Parliamentary system, also known as ‘Westminster’ model of government are:
1. Presence of nominal and real executives like the Prime Minister and the President.
2. Majority Party Rule
3. Collective Responsibility of the Executive to the Legislature.
4. Political homogeneity as usually members of the Council of Ministers belong to the same political party, hence they share the same political ideology.
5. Double membership, one as the Minister other as the Member of Legislature.
6. Leadership of Prime Minister or the Chief Minister.
7. Dissolution of the lower house (Lok Sabha or Legislative Assembly) and not a fixed tenure for the Legislature.
8. The Ministers operate on the principle of secrecy of procedure.