Which of the following statements about Nabakalebar festival is/are correct?
1. It is an ancient festival celebrated at the Jagannath Temple.
2. It is a quadrennial festival that is celebrated in the state of Odisha.
3. In this festival, the Idols of Lord Jagannath, Balabhadra, Subhadra and Sudarshan are replaced with new set of Idols.
Choose the correct answer from the following codes:
1 and 2 Only
1 and 3 Only
2 and 3 Only
1, 2 and 3 Only
The Nabakalebara is an ancient ritual associated with most of the Jagannath Temples.
• This festival is celebrated at the Jagannath Temple in Puri, Odisha.
• In this festival the Idols of Lord Jagannath, Balabhadra, Subhadra and Sudarshan are replaced by a new set of Idols.
• The Deities are made from a special type of Neem wood known as Daru Bramha.
• A year with an extra Ashadha masa/month as per Hindu Calendar is considered auspicious for conducting the ceremony.
• The occasion occurs every 8th, 12th, or 19th year of the previous Nabakalebara.
• Recently, President Ram Nath Kovind has recently released coins in denominations of Rs 10 and Rs 1,000 commemorating Nabakalebara festival of 2015
You must log in to post a comment.