Which of the following statements about Integrated Scheme for Development of Silk Industry is/are correct?
1. It aims to achieve self-sufficiency in silk production by 2022.
2. The scheme will be converged with other schemes such as MGNREGA.
3. It will be implemented by Ministry of agriculture through Central Silk Board (CSB)
Choose the correct answer form the following codes:
Both 1 and 2
None of the above
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval for Central Sector Scheme “Integrated Scheme for Development of Silk Industry” for the next three years from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
The Scheme has four components:
• Research & Development (R&D), Training, Transfer of Technology and IT Initiatives
• Seed Organizations and farmers extension centres
• Coordination and Market Development for seed, yarn and silk products and
• Quality Certification System (QCS) by creating amongst others a chain of Silk Testing facilities, Farm based & post-cocoon Technology Up-gradation, and Export Brand Promotion.
• The scheme aims to achieve self-sufficiency in silk production by 2022.The implementation strategy is clearly based on convergence at the State level with the schemes of other Ministers like MGNREGS of Rural Development, RKVY & PMKSY of Ministry of Agriculture, for maximizing benefits to the sericulturists.
• The scheme will be implemented by the Ministry of textiles through Central Silk Board (CSB).Read more: pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=177829
You must log in to post a comment.