Consider following statements about departmentally related Standing Committee (DRSC):
1. It constitutes 31 members each 21 from lower house and 10 from upper house.
2. All bills presented in Parliament have to be referred to DRSC.
3. The recommendation of committees is not binding.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
• DRSC has evolved as a ‘mini-parliament’ with proportional representation of all parties. There are 24 DRSCs at present with 31 members each 21 from LS and 10 from RS.
• All Bills are not referred to committees. Though rules mention that the Speaker of LokSabha or Chairman of RajyaSabha refers the Bill, this is usually done on the recommendation of the relevant minister.
• The recommendation of committees is not binding. It is for the Government or any other member to move the relevant amendments, which may then be voted upon by the House.