Which of the following statement about Prithvi-II missile, which was test-fired recently, is/are correct?
1. It is nuclear-capable surface-to-surface missile.
2. It is India’s first indigenously-built ballistic missile.
3. Thrust is provided by solid propellant and cryogenic engines.
Choose the correct answer from the following codes:
1 and 2 Only
2 and 3 Only
1 and 3 Only
1, 2 and 3
Prithvi-II is capable of carrying 500-1,000 kilogram of warheads and thrust is provided by liquid propulsion twin engines.
• Prithvi-II is indigenously developed and is nuclear-capable surface-to-surface.
• With a strike range of 350 km, Prithvi-II is powered by twin-engines which use liquid propulsion. The state-of-the-art missile uses advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvring trajectory to hit its target.
• Prithvi is India’s first indigenously-built ballistic missile. It is one of the five missiles being developed under the country’s Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme