Consider the following statements regarding military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’.
1. It is a joint Indo-US military exercise to promote military relations between the two countries by enhancing interoperability and mutual exchange of tactics between Special Forces.
2. The military exercise was started in 2016 as part of Major Defence Partner Agreement signed between the two countries.
Which of the above written statements is/are true?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The Indo-US joint military exercise Vajra Prahar was started in 2010 and is not the part of Major Defence Partner Agreement that was signed in 2016.
• The 2018 exercise was held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle.
• The objectives of the joint training is to share the best practices between the two armies and to develop joint strategies by sharing expertise of conducting operations in a counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism environment, while capitalising on the rich repository of experiences of each other armies.
• The last edition was held in Jodhpur in March 2017