Consider the following statements regarding Budapest Convention.
1. It is the only binding international instrument on the issue of Cybercrime.
2. It was drawn up by European Union.
3. India has recently joined the convention.
Which of these statements is/are correct?
1 and 2 Only
2 and 3 Only
1, 2 and 3
The Convention on Cybercrime is also known as the Budapest Convention.
• It is the first international treaty seeking to address Internet and computer crime by harmonizing national laws, improving investigative techniques, and increasing cooperation among nations.
• It came into force in 2004 and was drawn up by Council of Europe.
• The Convention has 56 members.
• India is not its member.