Prelims MCQ 67832
Which among the following pairs of Areas and their Types of Climate is/ are correctly matched?
1. North Western Gujarat : Semi- arid Steppe
2. Coromandel coast of Tamil Nadu : Monsoon with dry summer
3. J&K, Himachal Pradesh and Uttaranchal : Polar type
Which of the pairs given above is/arecorrectly matched?
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Type of climate Area
1. Monsoon withshort dry season: West coast of India south of Goa
2. Monsoon with dry summer: Coromandel coast of Tamil Nadu
3. Tropical savannah: Most of the peninsular plateau, south ofTropic of Cancer
4. Semi-arid steppe climate: NW Gujarat, some parts of WesternRajasthan and Punjab
5. Hot Desert: Extreme western Rajasthan
6. Monsoon with dry winter: Ganga plain, eastern Rajasthan, northernMP, most of NE India
7. Cold humid winterwith short summer: Arunachal Pradesh.
8. Polar type: J&K, Himachal Pradesh and Uttaranchal.