Brief about Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
Consider the following statements about Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
1. It is implemented by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) at the national level
Select the correct statements
a 1 Only
b 2 Only
c Both 1 and 2
d Neither 1 nor 2
· It is a major credit-linked subsidy programme being implemented by the Ministry of MSME since 2008-09
· The Scheme is aimed at generating self-employment opportunities through establishment of micro-enterprises in the non-farm sector by helping traditional artisans and unemployed youth in rural as well as urban areas.
· The Scheme is implemented by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), as the nodal agency at the National level.
· At the State level, the Scheme is implemented through State KVIC Directorates, State Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs) and District Industries Centres (DICs) and banks.
· The Government subsidy under the Scheme is routed by KVIC through the identified Banks for eventual distribution to the beneficiaries / entrepreneurs in their Bank accounts.
· Coir Udyami Yojana (GUY) is merged with PMEGP