In order to meaningfully avail of the favourable demographic dividend, it is essential that the youth are put in the circle of generating beneficial output and constructive inputs. Comment.
- Introduce the question by explaining the meaning of demographic dividend and provide some data to show that it favourable for India.
- Mention the reasons which necessitates placing of youths in the circle of generating beneficial output and constructive inputs. (Here the term beneficial output signifies the realization of the potential of youth for the development and creation of opportunities. Youth’s contribution as an input can generate beneficial output.)
- Briefly mention few initiatives by the govt.
- Conclude appropriately
- Within array of social, political or civil movements, the youths have been at the centre of activities, from the LGBT movement to the equal rights for women and from environmental concerns to human rights.
- Youth has the innate ability to adapt to the average ever-changing societal dynamics, and should be at the core of economic/socially meaningful actions.
- The youth can act as a bridge between generations.
- The young today are no longer so rigid in matters of inter-dining and inter-community marriage as they are challenging the rigid social system.
- The biggest achievement of the youth and technology co-option can be said to the risk taking spirit and the rise of start-ups. The sheer grit of youth, coupled with technology has made entrepreneurship universal accessible.
- However, various hurdles – such as the ill effects of fast growing urban sutures, the existing disparity between availability and accessibility, financial constraints or the rigid social structures etc. – are not letting youths to create the beneficial output by using their potentials.
- It is, therefore, necessary that youths be given relevant education, necessary skills and dignified job opportunities so has to harness their potential.
- The government, through its specialised Ministry for Youth Affairs and Sports has constantly looked and re-looked at development and the advancement aspects for the substantial and beneficial growth of Indian youth.
- The “National Youth policy, 2014” reiterates the commitment of the entire nation to the all round development of the youth of India so that they can realise their full potential and contribute productively to the nation building process.
- Skill Upgradation Training Program (SUTP) aims to develop skills for employment.
Subjects : Yojna summary